Catch Basins - Cleaning, Blockages or Repairs
What We Can Do For You!
If you know of a catch basin that needs to be cleaned, has something blocking it, or even needs repairs, let us know. Oh, by the way, catch basins are those openings in the curb where all the water runs into them. Some have gratings over them and others are openings in the curbs themselves.
Who do You Call?
Department of Public Works, Bureau of Sanitation
Wastewater Collection Systems Division
What we Need From You!
To make a request for Catch Basin Cleanings, Blockages and repairs, you must provide:
- Your Name
- Call-Back Telephone number
- Location of Problem
- Type of problem being reported
- You may call the Headquarters Administration Office or the District Yard
- If Headquarters is called, the location will be determined and call-back information will be obtained from you; this information will be telephoned to the appropriate District Yard
- If you contact the District Yard directly, the above call-back information will be obtained
- The District Supervisor will investigate and determine the specific problem (blockage, crushed or broken catch basin, cleaning required)
- The District Supervisor will determine steps to take to resolve the problem
- The District Supervisor will provide you with a verbal status report immediately following field verification of the complaint.
How Long Will it Take?
Complaints or requests for catch basin cleaning or repair may be resolved with immediate cleaning, scheduled for mechanical or hand cleaning, or held for routine route cleaning.
Complaints of catch basin blockages or requests for cleaning or repair are investigated as soon as they are received by the District Supervisor.
Who Can You Talk To?
Click here to get a complete list of contacts to talk to.